Winners for Both Short Story and Poetry Will Receive
- KD100 cash prize for each category
RULES FOR ENTRY
- Short story: minimum 1,000 – 3,000 words maximum
- Rhyming Poem and Non-rhyming Poem: 32 lines maximum
RULES FOR BOTH THE SHORT STORY AND POETRY ENTRIES:
- All entries must be submitted online. Entries must be accompanied by the required entry fee.
- You may submit one entry per category.
- Your entry must be original, in English, and unpublished.
- All entries must be formatted to A4 paper. All manuscripts must be double-spaced. Select a font that is easy to read. Please do not use a decorative or script font.
- 12-point type size is preferred but not mandatory. Please include the title on the top and the number of pages. Use the colour black for the font.
- BE SURE OF YOUR WORD COUNT! Entries exceeding the word limits will be disqualified.
- Submissions will not be accepted past the deadline.
- Once an entry has been submitted, no edits, replacements or exchanges will be accepted.
- Please be sure that the email address that you provide will be valid throughout the competition span. Please type carefully and list only one complete & legible email address.
- Cover pages are optional, they are not requested or necessary.
- Please submit text only.
- Illustrations are not accepted.
- The submissions should not violate the laws of the country.
- Any text that attacks any race, culture, religion cannot be accepted.
- Entry fee: KWD5.